Monday, March 18, 2013

Home Remodeling Ideas

I was trying to think of a more clever title; but I didn't want to be too confusing or anything in my first blog here. So, I went with a "to the point" title. I could have gone with, "Have you checked out Pinterest lately? They have great home improvement ideas posted!" I thought that title would be too long though.

I want to share with you one of my favorite websites. I can not express how much I love Pinterest for recipes. I am liking it better than browsing through cookbooks; which I tend to do often, especially on rainy days. Lately though, I have noticed a lot of people posting home remodeling pictures and wishlists. In fact, I just started my own "Dream Home" wish list board on Pinterest. I post the pictures I like and they link to a website that provides me with information on how to purchase or create whatever is in the picture.

I am noticing that more and more people are searching sites like Pinterest and Facebook to see what their friends are doing or recommending. As a student of public relations and communications, I really appreciate this and I feel so lucky to live in a time when I can get so many ideas and inspirations from just browsing a website.

I know it is difficult to get your contractor, or designer, to see your vision for your project. A lot of complaints could have been avoided with a visual aid. If you want someone to help bring your vision to life, you need to give them an idea of who you are and what you like. It would also be a good idea to let them know your budget so that they can steer you in a direction you can afford. So, when I purchase a home, I plan to send my contractor and/or real-estate agent a link to my dream home board so they know my vision and have an idea of what I like. This will help them understand my taste and preference and will hopefully avoid avocado-colored appliances and orange bathroom tiles in my future dream home.

1 comment:

  1. home remodeling can be a stressful task and also it can be a fun and great experience. good design is always important. good design can also increase your house value.
    home improvement acts

    ReplyDelete